We are seeking an experienced technical support specialist to help care for our install base of commercial coffee roasting machines. This position is customer facing, so solid customer service skills combined with exceptional ‘hands on’ technical ability are required for success. The desire to solve problems should be second nature to you.
Our equipment is an industry-leading system comprised of electromechanical components, a touch-screen interface, and a gas-powered burner. Qualified persons may have a background in automotive service, HVAC repair, or technical customer support.
- Provide timely support to customers in need: onsite, email, phone, and streaming video services (e.g. Skype, FaceTime)
- Troubleshoot to root cause and repair PLC based electro-mechanical controlled systems
- Replicate and document problem scenarios for further investigation
- Instill owners with confidence in the operation and maintenance of their machine
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Identify and escalate emerging issue trends
- Review, prepare, and process parts orders
- Establish and maintain positive, cooperative, working relationships
- Associate degree, 2-year technical school certificate, or equivalent mentored work
- Minimum of 3 years on the job service technician or technical support experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of operating hand tools, power tools, diagnostic and measuring equipment
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Occasional travel
- Respond to after-hours calls as needed
- Must live within a reasonable commuting distance to Santa Rosa, CA
- Ability to develop user facing documentation
- Parts order fulfillment involvement
- Experience using online issue tracking / trouble ticket system (e.g. Zendesk, Zoho, etc.)
- Technical trainer experience
- IP networking skills
- Knowledge of commercial food service equipment industry
Loring Smart Roast designs and manufactures the most advanced coffee roasters in the world. We are inspired by the idea that great coffee can be created with integrity and minimal impact to the environment. We work in small, focused teams that are flexible, efficient, and striving for excellence. Loring is privately owned, profitable, and growing. HQ is in Santa Rosa, California, the heart of Sonoma wine country. We are always looking for smart, collaborative, and energetic people to join our team.
Loring is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Loring Smart Roast offers our team members competitive salary, paid time off, health benefits, and retirement savings programs. We reward exceptional results with profit sharing.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org