We are seeking an experienced service technician to support our install base of commercial coffee roasting machines. Our equipment is an industry-leading system comprised of electromechanical components, a touch-screen interface, and a burner powered by natural gas / propane. Qualified persons may have a background in automotive service, HVAC repair, or technical customer support.
This position is customer facing, so solid customer service skills combined with exceptional ‘hands on’ technical ability go hand in hand. It requires collaboration with Manufacturing, Engineering and Executive Staff to proactively improve the owner experience for a rapidly growing customer base.
- Troubleshoot and repair PLC based electro-mechanical controlled systems
- Provide customer support through multiple channels – including: onsite, email, phone, and streaming video services like Skype
- Replicate and document problem scenarios for further investigation
- Organize work, procure necessary parts, plan travel, and accurately document repairs
- Develop and follow best practices and procedures for various maintenance activities
- Accurately record issues and data into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) / Issue Tracking System (ITS)
- Educate owners so they have optimal confidence in the operation and maintenance of their machine
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Identify and escalate emerging issue trends
- Review, prepare, and process parts orders
- Establish and maintain positive, cooperative, working relationships
- Troubleshoot customer to roaster LAN connections
• Associate degree, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ in a service technician or technical support role
• Capable of operating a variety of hand tools, power tools, diagnostic and measuring equipment
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
• Respond to afterhours calls as needed
• Available to travel up to 20%, on short notice
• Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Valid driver’s license and insurance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- IP Networking skills
- Ability to develop user facing documentation
- Experience as a Technical Trainer a plus
- Knowledge of specialty coffee industry
Loring Smart Roast designs and manufactures the most advanced coffee roasters in the world. We are inspired by the idea that great coffee can be created with integrity and minimal impact to the environment. We work in small, focused teams that are flexible, efficient, and striving for excellence.
Loring Smart Roast offers our team members competitive salary, paid time off, health benefits, and retirement savings programs. We reward exceptional results with profit sharing.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org