You are an experienced Mechanical Engineer and leader who is passionate about applying engineering sciences and technology to the development of new features and capabilities in complex, PLC controlled process equipment. You bring a broad experience base and the strong business acumen needed to integrate technologies and disciplines to develop industry revolutionizing product offerings.
What We Do:
We are a leading OEM company in the specialty coffee roasting equipment systems market. The company designs, manufactures, and markets high end, energy efficient roasting products for a worldwide customer base. We are inspired by the idea that great coffee can be created with integrity and minimal impact to the environment. We work in small, focused teams that are flexible, efficient, and striving for excellence. We offer a challenging and enjoyable work environment, competitive benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a quality brand in the fast-growing market for specialty coffee all over the world.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering , the Senior Mechanical Engineer’s responsibilities will include:
- Develop future Loring Roaster systems, subsystems and accessories by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer and materials and by soliciting input from customers, manufacturing and Customer Care teams. This will include our roast system mechanical design, layouts, component design, analyses, testing, and documentation.
- Develop the next generation of industrial burner / combustion system by designing, testing and validating their performance. This includes determining materials required to meet performance needs such as emissions and temperature environments.
- Assures system and product quality by developing design verification and validation processes; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes and passing all required system tests.
- Collaborate with Firmware, Software and Electrical Engineers for heater controls, blower controls, and electrical layouts
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to ensure safety, usability, and serviceability of the roaster as a whole,
DFM and vendor management as systems are transitioned to production
- Work closely with procurement and vendors to get parts fabricated to support program schedule
- Maintains product and company reputation by ensuring that roasters comply with applicable regulations.
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders and influence the work of others.
- Experience in the development of automated electromechanical closed loop process equipment.
- Experience integrating electrical and pneumatic actuators, motors, sensors and PLC’s into complex systems.
- Experienced in engineering analyses and designs with detailed SolidWorks models, and assembly drawings utilizing proper GD&T annotations. Ability to review drawings for accuracy, design intent and manufacturability.
- Experience with industrial burner and combustion product design, validation and testing including CFD experience to analyze and optimize gas burner performance.
- Strong understanding of compressible flow, thermodynamics, and combustion dynamics.
- Familiar with flow simulation in SolidWorks for internal flow design and thermal modeling.
- Understanding of the basic performance principles of combustion air fans and blowers
- Understanding of mechanisms which contribute to air pollutant emissions and ways to reduce or eliminate such as NOx.
- Leads design reviews with peers and key stakeholders (Product Realization Guidelines (ISO 9001 Section 7)
- Lead the documentation of conceptual designs, final design decisions, analyses, experiments and design validation.
- Provide engineering support to the manufacturing, field and customer support engineers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
Physical Activity and Demands:
- Able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, walk, stand, climb, reach
- Must be able to lift at least 50Ibs and occasionally exert up to 100lbs of force
- Visual acuity, finger dexterity, color discernment
- Able to wear prescribed personal protective equipment and appropriate clothing
- Occasionally work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment, including noise, extreme temperatures and humidity, odors, dust, etc.
- Effectively use a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and commonly used software to complete necessary functions assigned
Loring Smart Roast builds the greenest coffee roasters on the planet, for Roast masters who want to produce the best tasting coffee from every bean, consistently. Loring is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org