You are an experienced Electrical Engineer and leader who is passionate about applying engineering sciences and technology to the development of new features and capabilities in complex, PLC controlled process equipment. You bring a broad experience base and the strong business acumen needed to integrate technologies and disciplines to develop industry revolutionizing product offerings.
What We Do:
We are a leading OEM company in the specialty coffee roasting equipment systems market. The company designs, manufactures, and markets high end, energy efficient roasting products for a worldwide customer base. We are inspired by the idea that great coffee can be created with integrity and minimal impact to the environment. We work in small, focused teams that are flexible, efficient, and striving for excellence. We offer a challenging and enjoyable work environment, competitive benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a quality brand in the fast-growing market for specialty coffee all over the world.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering , the Senior Electrical Engineer’s responsibilities will include:
- Develop Loring Roaster systems and subsystems designs by studying customer requirements, applying principles of automated machine control, electronics, electrical power distribution and soliciting observations from the manufacturing team. This will include overall responsibility for the electrical design of our roast system, including layout, component design or selection, analysis, design verification, and documentation.
- Design or specification electrical equipment, including electric motors, sensors, actuators, PLC’s or other controls, lighting, control panels, HMI’s, communications systems; and power distribution.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods and properties to confirm the functionality of electrical components and systems.
- Supervise other engineers and technicians during development and NPI phase.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects. Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Communicate engineering information across teams and departments to facilitate successful completion of large-scale projects
- Maintains product and company reputation by ensuring that roasters comply with applicable regulations.
- Familiarity with
- SolidWorks Electrical, SolidWorks
- PLC based control systems and Ladder logic possibly.
- Experience in troubleshooting of electro-mechanical automated systems
- Estimating material, construction, and labor costs, and project timescales
- Conduct research to collect and analyze data to create reports about ongoing projects
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Review industry publications to maintain a current perspective on the electrical engineering field
- Expand professional and technical knowledge of leading-edge developments in electrical engineering through participation in professional organizations, networking events, and educational workshops
- Ongoing support of Customer Care department
Physical Activity and Demands:
- Able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, walk, stand, climb, reach
- Must be able to lift at least 50Ibs and occasionally exert up to 100lbs of force
- Visual acuity, finger dexterity, color discernment
- Able to wear prescribed personal protective equipment and appropriate clothing
- Occasionally work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment, including noise, extreme temperatures and humidity, odors, dust, etc.
- Effectively use a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and commonly used software to complete necessary functions assigned
Loring Smart Roast builds the greenest coffee roasters on the planet, for Roast masters who want to produce the best tasting coffee from every bean, consistently. Loring is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com