What You Will Do
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Control Supervisor is responsible for the movement of materials, tools, and relevant documents throughout the manufacturing floor to support on-time completion of work orders in each work center in the production department. You will also develop process improvements to maintain safety, enhance quality, and improve productivity.
How You Will Do It
- Responsible for Production Control activities, including management of production schedules and building plans to meet the production schedule.
- Expediting and administration of priorities as relevant to the shop floor.
- Ensures the production team has access to all required raw materials and equipment, to maintain a smooth workflow through production.
- Creating work orders and change orders for the production floor.
- Engineering Change Management (ECO’s)
- Follow up on changes.
- Ensure the department is aware, and the current revision of documents are in use.
- Ensure good communication between all the departments involved in the production process: Materials/Inventory, Metal Prep, Welding, Metal Finishing, Assembly, Electrical, Roast Room, and Crating.
- Confer with production personnel to resolve issues affecting production schedules.
- Keep Management informed of production status.
- Communicate with the Customer Care Department and other support departments regarding delivery, work order status, inventory status.
- Ensure production processes are being carried out in line with ISO 9001:2015 and other regulatory requirements.
- Make a consistently positive contribution to the work environment.
- Attend production meetings; attend others as required.
- Collaborate on ways to improve productivity in operations by utilizing resources more effectively.
- Collects data and compiles reports about production.
- Encourage continuous improvement to production control systems which includes the accuracy of information, elimination of waste, etc.
- Conduct reviews of the production processes to try to identify areas for improvements.
- Ensure that production staff receives appropriate training on equipment safety and operation, and job duties.
What we look for
- At least 2 years’ experience in Production Planning & Control / Logistics / Supply Chain / Inventory Control in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with MRP system concepts would be an asset.
- Self-motivated and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (spoken and written).
- Experience working in a diverse, multicultural environment preferred.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Be able to quickly assess production issues and establish the best course of action
- Supervisory experience would be preferred.
- PC-based tools are used daily and require highly developed query, report writing, problem solving and data manipulation skills.. A variety of a Advanced level of Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business Administration preferred.
Loring is committed to providing Roast Masters with a coffee roasting experience like no other; every Loring roaster provides unmatched quality, unheard-of efficiency, and unparalleled control. We diligently pursue continuous improvement and are all committed to achieving excellence in our product designs, manufacturing processes and customer support. SUPERIOR IS OUR STANDARD!
Loring is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com