Reporting to the Materials Manager, this position will be responsible for placing orders for raw materials and services to be incorporated into production and/or shop operations. The Materials Buyer will need to ensure that Loring’s suppliers are delivering the required direct and indirect materials on time, to specification and/or drawing with no quality defects, in the most appropriate quantities and at the most competitive price.
The Materials Buyer must possess a successful track record for using proven negotiating skills to satisfy the material requirements for multiple product lines, meet challenging deadlines, and remain focused in a dynamic work environment.
This position requires knowledge of the procurement process, effective time management skills and commitment to completion tasks in a timely manner. A sense of urgency is required to achieve prompt, accurate results.
- Negotiates with qualified suppliers to obtain the lowest total cost for components and services, within acceptable lead times.
- Assists in cost analysis and the development of long-term purchase agreements and terms based on quality, price, lot sizes and delivery terms as defined internally.
- Generates purchase orders to maintain a continuous supply of materials and avoid disruptions in manufacturing.
- Maintains confirmed order dates, delivery updates and price changes, addressing any delivery and stock issues on a regular basis. Expedite purchase orders as required.
- Identifies and resolves supply chain related issues in an effort to increase overall efficiency and productivity.
- Coordinates the return of non-conforming material to suppliers for rework or credit, as required.
- Develops and maintains an organized process for purchasing supplies, consumables and other non-inventory items.
- Researches, prepares and issues bid specifications to potential suppliers and follow up as required.
- Assists the Materials Manager with the monitoring and evaluation of obsolete, slow moving or excess inventory.
- Where possible, recommends component standardization to create economies of scale and develop potential cost savings.
- Identifies opportunities to implement process enhancements to streamline inventory management and replenishment.
Background / Experience
- Minimum of 3 years purchasing experience is a requirement.
- Familiarity with MRP concepts is a requirement.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail.
- A self-starter who can work independently and follow through, with limited supervision
- PC proficient: familiar with MS Office suite of applications.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
Loring is committed to providing roastmasters with a coffee roasting experience like no other; every Loring roaster provides unmatched quality, unheard-of efficiency, and unparalleled control. We diligently pursue continuous improvement and are all committed to achieving excellence in our product designs, manufacturing processes and customer support. SUPERIOR IS OUR STANDARD!
Loring is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org