What We Do
We are a leading OEM company in the specialty coffee roasting equipment systems market. The company designs, manufactures, and markets high end, energy efficient roasting products for a worldwide customer base. We are inspired by the idea that great coffee can be created with integrity and minimal impact to the environment. We work in small, focused teams that are flexible, efficient, and striving for excellence. We offer a challenging and enjoyable work environment, competitive benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a quality brand in the fast-growing market for specialty coffee all over the world.
You are an experienced Manufacturing Engineer and leader who is passionate about applying engineering sciences and technology to the development of new features and capabilities in the manufacturing of complex, PLC controlled process equipment. You bring a strong knowledge in the design, implementation, improvement, and operation of industrial process equipment that incorporate PLC’s, sensors, pneumatic systems, motors, and associated controllers. You also bring a broad experience base and the strong business acumen needed to integrate technologies and disciplines to develop industry revolutionizing product offerings and manufacturing practices.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Director of Engineering , the Manufacturing Engineer’s responsibilities will include:
- Utilize best engineering & lean principles to improve process capability, reduce variation, reduce overall costs, and increase capacity.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues encountered during the final Acceptance Test Procedure
- Resolve ECR’s and ECO’s in a timely and efficient manner following company QMS procedures.
- Conducts tests or design experiments to resolve component, product, processes, or system issues.
- Evaluate in process yields and develop new in process test / equipment to improve throughput and yields.
- Design, qualify, and maintain calibration and test systems to improve the product validation and final test (DVT & ATP) processes
- Support the design, development, and prototyping of new products throughout the stage gate process.
- Perform functional tests and design verification tests to qualify new products.
- Provide troubleshooting support to New Product Introduction manufacturing
- Design new automated test and measurement equipment to response to new product requirements
- Evaluate the manufacturing launch of new products; evaluate work instructions, factory layout, capability and adherence to requirements and standards.
- Provide training to production associates as needed to introduce design updates, improve troubleshooting skills, and overall manufacturing efficiency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and the ability to prioritize conflicting tasks.
- Evaluating and streamlining assembly and testing processes
- Electro-mechanical integration of motors and motor controllers, actuators, and power supplies.
- Creation of control system wiring diagrams using SolidWorks.
- Documentation of Electrical schematics
- Troubleshooting of Electrical and Mechanical systems
- Perform functional tests and design verification tests.
- Programming of PLCs
- instrument control programming
- Programming of touch screen operator interfaces
Knowledge / Experience
- B.S. Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with US and International mechanical, electrical and gas safety standards, and regulations (CE, ISO, UL, ISO, CSA, NEC, ANSI, NFPA)
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical integration of motors and motor controllers, actuators, and power supplies.
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Solid knowledge of component level trouble shooting using schematics, block diagrams and appropriate test equipment. troubleshooting equipment or product failures
- Working knowledge of DMMs, Oscilloscopes, and other test equipment
- Experience with the design of analog and digital circuits; familiarity with grounding, shielding, and noise reduction techniques.
- Familiarity with various interfaces such as I2C, SPI, RS232
- Working knowledge of CAD tools such as SolidWorks CAD designer, Electrical Schematic, or similar tools to create CAD drawings, engineering sketches, schematics, and related documentation.
Physical Activity and Demands
- Able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, walk, stand, climb, reach
- Must be able to lift at least 50Ibs and occasionally exert up to 100lbs of force
- Visual acuity, finger dexterity, color discernment
- Able to wear prescribed personal protective equipment and appropriate clothing
- Occasionally work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment, including noise, extreme temperatures and humidity, odors, dust, etc.
- Effectively use a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and commonly used software to complete necessary functions assigned
No Sponsorships Available
No Relocation Available
Loring Smart Roast builds the greenest coffee roasters on the planet, for Roast masters who want to produce the best tasting coffee from every bean, consistently. Loring is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com