What We Do
We are a leading OEM company in the specialty coffee roasting equipment systems market. The company designs, manufactures, and markets high end, energy efficient roasting products for a worldwide customer base. We are inspired by the idea that great coffee can be created with integrity and minimal impact to the environment. We work in small, focused teams that are flexible, efficient, and striving for excellence. We offer a challenging and enjoyable work environment, competitive benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a quality brand in the fast-growing market for specialty coffee all over the world.
You are an experienced Automation / Controls Engineer and leader who is passionate about applying engineering sciences and technology to the development of new features and capabilities in complex, PLC controlled process equipment. You bring a strong knowledge in the design, implementation, improvement, and operation of industrial process equipment that incorporate PLC’s, sensors, pneumatic systems, motors, and associated controllers. You also bring a broad experience base and the strong business acumen needed to integrate technologies and disciplines to develop industry revolutionizing product offerings.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Director of Engineering , the Automation / Controls Engineer’s responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for interpreting new requirements or needed changes and develop specifications
- Develop closed loop control software for automated process equipment incorporating motors, VFD’s sensors and other control sensors.
- Provide architecture and interfaces to various PLC, Windows Programs, HMI’s, and other industrial equipment
- Design and write the control software as per the requirements
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and validate new system software and subsequent releases
- Update, modify, and continuously improve existing controls systems including ladder logic programs, relay logic, motor controls, and HMI operator interface.
- Maintain and document software programs through the ECR / ECO processes
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Interface with hardware design, development, and customer support teams
- Work with customer support team to respond to customer needs and issues
- Assess third party and open-source software
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation and Controls Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience architecting, designing and implementing industrial control software systems utilizing PLC’s and PC’s
- Extensive experience with PLCs , HMI Screens, Variable Frequency Drives, and pneumatic systems
- In depth knowledge Automation Direct PLCs with BRX PLC and H2 PLC programming preferred.
- In depth knowledge with Beijer HMI screens preferred.
- Sound knowledge of Access Database, SQL programming, .NET programming with Visual Studio and Windows based programming.
- Three years’ experience developing and implementing automated data analysis tools
- Skill to understand and interpret the error reports from staff and customers, troubleshoot, debug and provide timely resolution.
- HMI GUI interfaces and programming experience
- Strong Visual Studio .NET skills.
- Experience with DevExpress Object Library preferred.
- SCADA experience with OPC
- Use Visual Studio .NET to provide full system tests for the OEM products.
- Use the .NET platform to construct production SCADA systems for the OEM products and plant operations.
Physical Activity and Demands
- Able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, walk, stand, climb, reach
- Must be able to lift at least 50Ibs and occasionally exert up to 100lbs of force
- Visual acuity, finger dexterity, color discernment
- Able to wear prescribed personal protective equipment and appropriate clothing
- Occasionally work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment, including noise, extreme temperatures and humidity, odors, dust, etc.
- Effectively use a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and commonly used software to complete necessary functions assigned
No Sponsorships Available
No Relocation Available
Loring Smart Roast builds the greenest coffee roasters on the planet, for Roast masters who want to produce the best tasting coffee from every bean, consistently. Loring is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org